Job type: Fixed term contract, maternity cover, starting 1 February 2019
Closing date: 31/12/2018
Salary: Salary DOE
We are seeking an experienced Travel Manager to join our award winning global travel and event management agency as maternity cover for a fixed term contract of one year.
You need to have a certain amount of knowledge working within a travel company, preferably in an events/MICE division and strong groups experience.
With good GDS skills (preferably Galileo/Smartpoint), the ability to manage flight bookings and events administration for a number of events at the same time with support from more experienced members of the events team. Experience in an events environment is an added benefit.
This is a great position for someone who is good at multi tasking, able to learn quickly with efficient working methods. You need to be confident dealing with clients by email and telephone.
Duties & responsibilities
- To work on the UK Global Events team's group and individual flight requirements including flight studies, from enquiry and proposal through to booking and completion with a proactive and consultative approach with flight studies and recommendations
- Assist and support the current flights staff in servicing event travel enquiries from the client base pro-actively, accurately and efficiently
- To book and issue tickets following the correct procedures
- Assist with managing budgets, finances, invoicing and reconciliation for all flight bookings
- Undertake administrative tasks and activities to support the team
- Ensure all internal processes are completed correctly and efficiently
- Attend events, client and supplier functions when required
Knowledge & skills
- Galileo GDS experience
- Accuracy and attention to detail essential
- Good time management, financial and organisational skills required
- Experience working with group bookings essential
- Strong communication skills with clients, colleagues and suppliers
- Ability to handle several projects simultaneously in a calm manner
TAG is an award-winning global, independent travel and event management company with five specialist business units – Corporate, Touring, Events, Private Travel & Film and Media.
Our experienced teams are dedicated to clients around the clock from offices in London, Manchester, Los Angeles, Nashville, Atlanta, New York, Singapore, Melbourne and Sydney.
For 30 years the company has been devoted to servicing travel and event demands of global organisations and the bespoke travel requirements of exclusive clientele, with a focus on providing an exceptional service to the business.